Interested in representing the Burford Agricultural Society as our Ambassador for 2017/2018?
Along with making appearances at the 2017 Fair our Ambassador will attend the Annual OAAS Convention in Toronto, represent the Fair at local events as well as competes in the CNE Ambassador of the Fairs Competition. This is a great opportunity to make tons of new friends and do Burford proud in many ways! All contestants are required to attend the duration of the Fair to assist in event presentations, etc.
Rules / Requirements
- Be a resident of Canada for at least 2 years and Brant County for 6
- Between the ages of 17 to 23 years at the time of the Competition
- Male or Female, single, being never married, divorced or marriage annulled.
- Not a previous winner of the competition as contestants may appear only once in the CNE Competition.
- Contestants must not enter a second similar contest which would interfere with their role as Burford Fair Ambassador
- The Burford Fair Ambassador must abide by the rules and regulations as set out here and in the requirements of the Ambassador.
Duties / Responsibilities
RESPONSIBILITIES OF AMBASSADOR COMPETITION CONTESTANTS
- To be available and to attend Ambassador Competition sessions which are held prior to the Ambassador Competition (information meetings held by competition officials)
- Prepare for the competition
- To prepare and submit autobiography and/or speeches
- To be available on competition day primarily in afternoon and evening
- To assist with activities at the Burford Fair held Thanksgiving Weekend – minimal responsibilities on Friday night, however Contestants will be needed on Saturday, Sunday and Monday – hours to be determined.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF FAIR AMBASSADOR
- To be available on Thanksgiving weekend to represent the Fair and to be of assistance to Committees/Directors in presenting awards and running different events (where specified by the Ambassador Coordinator)
- To attend the Annual District 7 meeting to represent Burford Fair – typically held on the last Saturday in October or first Saturday in November
- To participate and represent the Fair in community events such as the Christmas Santa Claus Parade
- To attend the conference held in Toronto, being the Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies – typically held on the third weekend in February (Thursday to Saturday inclusive)
- To attend the District 7 Spring Functions (if convened and/or organized) typically one Saturday
- To assist with the Ambassador Competition Committee in organizing the next year’s Ambassador Competition
- To attend the next years Ambassador Competition and to award the new winner
For more information please contact our Competition Chair:
Gayle Barker 519-449-5877 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact by August 15, 2017